Monday, June 29, 2009

Chagall and Me

I absolutely adore Marc Chagall's work. His paintings are so dreamlike, yet tangible at the same time. Because fashion and art are so closely intertwined I decided to experiment with some of my outfits by taking a 1/2 cup of fashion, a 1/2 cup of art, a dash of graphic design, and stirring till frothy. The bottom pic was the result.



Two of Chagall's paintings.


A blue window by Chagall.



This is my interpretation of Chagall's work. I love his predominately blue pieces, and chose to mimic those with this photo. The chaotic, yet simultaneously calming, environment makes this one of my favorite designs by far.

In this pic:
Black mini-dress
Black and Gold over sized belt
"vintage" velvet pumps


XxoO
-E

2 comments:

allie said...

beautiful design. very inspiring!

Melbourne Lawyers said...

love the third piece most